This privacy notice describes how Rakuten Europe S.a.r.l. ('we', 'us') collects and processes Personal Data about you in connection with your use of this website (the ‘Site’), how we use and protect this information, and your rights in relation to this information.
This privacy notice applies to all Personal Data we collect or process about you. Personal Data is any information about you or your household, as well as a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you or your household to be identified.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
We will collect Personal Data from you when you browse the Site or send us an inquiry via the dedicated contact e-mail address below or on any of our pages. In detail:
1.1 Google Analytics
This Site employs Google Analytics for audience measuring. When you navigate the Site and only after you accept, we collect and process some data, notably:
- the traffic source
- the pages visited
- the number of clicks on the pages and where
- the bounce rate
- the session duration
- the country and city you are connecting from.
These navigation data are collected via cookies or other similar devices, such as “pixel tags”, globally designated as “cookies”. These cookies may be directly placed by us or placed by our partner Google Analytics and have the following purposes:
- the improvement of your navigation on the Site
- the measurement of the audience of the Site in order to improve its performance.
Those are called “analytics” cookies. The Personal Data collected by these cookies won’t be kept for more than 13 months.
- Change your settings by clicking on ‘Manage Cookies’ in the footer.
- Browser set up - You will be able to disable the cookies following the instructions of your browser. For example, you can permit, know, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting up your browser options installed on your computer.
- Partner’s opt out links - You can also opt out from Google’s analytic cookies by clicking here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
In case that you send an inquiry to the contact e-mail provided on some of the pages or below, we collect the information that you provide us. This will include your e-mail address, and any other information that you include in the inquiry, such as your name and the content of your messages. We only use and store the information related to your inquiry in order to respond to your request. Your Personal Data collected won’t be kept for more than what is necessary to respond to your request.
2. YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your Personal Data
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your Personal Data
- restrict our use of your Personal Data
- object to our use of your Personal Data
- receive your Personal Data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to an external party (right to data portability)
- learn more about the sources from which we collect information, the purposes for which we collect and share information, the information we hold, and the categories of parties with whom we share your information
- exercise rights without fear of being denied goods or services
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us via the e-mail address below.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
We may disclose your Personal Data for business purposes to the following parties:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your Personal Data with our service providers and business partners that perform analytics and marketing services and other business operations for us, such as the above-mentioned Google Analytics.
- Rakuten Group companies. Rakuten Group, Inc. is the parent company. We work closely with Rakuten Group, Inc. and other businesses and companies that fall under the Rakuten Group family. We may share certain information about you with Rakuten Group, Inc. and other Rakuten Group companies for the purpose of analytics and marketing.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators and government authorities. We may share your Personal Data with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your Personal Data with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your Personal Data uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as described in sections 1.1 and 1.2 above. We will only retain your Personal Data after this time if we are required to do so to comply with the law, or if there are outstanding claims or complaints that will reasonably require your Personal Data to be retained.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for Personal Data in relation to the country you are located in.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
As part of the Rakuten Group, Rakuten Europe S.a.r.l. relies on the Rakuten Group Binding Corporate Rules to legitimize international data transfers within the Group. The Rakuten Group Binding Corporate Rules can be found at https://corp.rakuten.co.jp/privacy/en/bcr.html.
7. CONTACT US
Rakuten Europe S.a.r.l. is the controller responsible for the Personal Data we collect and process.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your Personal Data has been used, please contact https://rakuten.co.uk/support.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to your data protection authority or to the data protection authority of Luxembourg, using their website https://cnpd.public.lu/en.html.
8. CHANGES TO NOTICE
We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time. Please check back here for any updates.